The eController energy monitor is a highly sophisticated data-logger, Power Analyser and complete Energy Management System in one. With the eController, you can compare the cost and performance of buildings, machines and individual appliances, giving you the insights needed to make savings and achieve sustainability targets.
The system allows you to measure voltage, current, relative and reactive power, power factor and harmonic information to name a few of its capabilities.
The eController allows you to view real-time or historic data on a laptop, over a network, or online via our cloud based server. Data is stored at 1 second intervals for up to two years in Excel, .CSV and .TXT files.
Our powerful reporting software known as the eReporter allows you to generate reports and tailor them depending on your needs.
Green Running will help you install the eController energy management system and provide a tested methodology for ensuring your targets are met and savings are achieved.
eController Video Demonstration
- Calculates real power, absolute power, phase angle, power factor, voltage and current
- Measures, monitors and reports the following:
- RMS voltage and current of each phase
- Phase angle – Line frequency
- Active, reactive and apparent power of each phase
- Positive & negative active power
- Positive and negative reactive power
- 4-quadrant reactive energy
- Total power factor
- Voltage and current distortion of each phase
- Harmonic analysis
- Voltage and current harmonic contents of each phase up to the 31st harmonic
- Offers real-time display so usage is displayed instantaneously
- Plugs into a laptop to receive data, or you can view the device over a network
- Stores data at 1 second intervals for up to two years
- Can log to file at up to 10 samples per second
- Stores data locally in an Excel, .csv or .TXT file or online via our cloud based server
- Contains space for over a year’s worth of data at one second intervals
- Includes our powerful eReporter software allowing you to customise reports
- Sends live alerts about irregular usage or power failure via text, email or alarm systems
- Indicates harmonic frequency information of your monitored phase for spotting any distortion / phase angle issues that may occur
- Local wireless capability available via RF, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth (Wi-Fi available on request)
- Ability to read data from smart meter via optical hub (to RS 232 or USB)
- GPRS communication available on request
- Can be powered by a single solar panel, if required
As well as reducing energy consumption, lowering carbon emissions and saving electricity costs, we have found that the eController can help in wider scenarios:
The eController has been used to help large organisations (such as hotels and manufacturers) change the entire culture of their organisation to share reports and results with staff, and demonstrate how everyone can be included in making energy savings by embracing change.
The eController allows you to compare the energy consumption and cost of different appliances, machines and energy providers. You can produce reports showing the cost / benefit ratios and payback periods of different energy options, so you can make informed decisions when choosing suppliers and hardware for your organisation.
The eController will help you avert fire risks by allowing quick and easy monitoring of specific heating circuits so you can repeat checks in the correct areas, before downtime.
The eController energy monitor and data logger is £1950 to buy.
A subscription to our secure cloud database is available to view data remotely at £295 per year.